Sunday, February 28, 2016

VT x PK (Age 25 days)

Age 25 days (3 weeks + 4 days).

There are 3 stages in betta fry development in relation with me.

1) First few days, beta fry will pretty much ignore me, provided I don't make any sudden movements.
2) Next stage, betta fry are beginning to be aware of me, but they are cautious and run for their lives when they see me.
3) Final stage, betta fry are getting smarter and make the connection between me and the food. Rather than flying from me, they gather at the front glass ad start begging. That's the sweet point when they begin putting mass and start rushing to adulthood.

Special guests: little brothers 15 days old.

It's that me or these step brothers are a bit more reddish for their age? I used a redder female when breeding for them, but still didn't expect it.

That's how their older brothers looked when they were same age 15 days old.

See the difference?

Also, I cannot convince the younger fry to eat frozen food, even if their older brothers were accepting it, as seen in that picture. I opened a new batch of artemia eggs that doesn't yield to much live BS so I'm finding it hard to keep their bellies full.

No comments:

Post a Comment