Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Blue SD X Blue SD (May Campaign)

Male: masked royal blue superdelta, age 5 months (2 months in the picture), bred by me.

 Female: masked royal blue superdelta, age 5 months, bred by me.


Late April. After overcoming fin rot, he spend most of April fighting velvet, along with his brother, that got it too. No wonder he's looking like a nightmare male.

He's not building a nest. He pass his time next to the female's cage, flaring or just staring at her. I'll release her anyway.

They mated 1 May 2016, while I was away.

When I got home, I took out the female, enough reason for him to panic and promptly eat the eggs, right in front of my horrified eyes.


 I have never ever actually witnessed that. Egg were pilled in one spot in the nest. Three bites and he was belly full. I guess he had his share of eggs on Orthodox Easter..

Try 10 failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment